Behrooz Hakimian, MD
- Co-Director, Gamma Knife Center
Dr. Behrooz Hakimian, MD., is an expert in intraoperative radiation therapy (in which tumors are exposed to a highly focused beam of radiation during surgery), total body irradiation, hyperthermia (the use of heat to treat tumors), conformal prostate irradiation, and brachytherapy (the placement of a radioactive source into the body to treat cancer).
Dr. Hakimian, who is fluent in Spanish and Farsi, earned his medical degree at the University of Southern California School of Medicine before completing an internal medicine internship at the Wadsworth VA Medical Center. He served as chief resident during his oncology residency at the University of California, Irvine.
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Radiology (with a subspecialty in therapeutic radiology)
- Medical Degree: University of Southern California (USC) School of Medicine, Los Angeles
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Wadsworth VA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Residency: Oncology, University of California, Irvine