Chirag G. Patil, MD
- Neurosurgeon, Brain Tumor Center
- Director, Center for Neurological Outcomes and Research
Chirag G. Patil, MD is a neurosurgeon at the Brain Tumor Center and Director of the Center for Neurosurgical Outcomes Research in the Department of Neurosurgery at Cedars-Sinai. His clinical practice focuses on comprehensive treatment of brain tumors and he has a special interest and expertise in treating metastatic brain tumors. He also specializes in minimally invasive brain tumor treatments such as stereotactic radiosurgery and neuroendoscopy.
Dr. Patil is a very active neurosurgical researcher, conducting studies on novel brain tumor therapies, radiosurgery for brain metastases, immune factors in gliomas, and treatment of pituitary tumors.
He has co-written several chapters in a new text on meningiomas and published more than 40 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Society for Neuro-Oncology
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Research funded by:
- Walter E. Dandy Fellowship of Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- Bachelor’s Degree: Cornell University
- Master’s Degree: Epidemiology, Stanford University
- Medical Degree: Regent Scholar, University of California, San Francisco
- Internship: Stanford University (general surgery)
- Residency: Stanford University (neurosurgery)
- Fellowship: Stanford University (stereotactic radiosurgery)