Robert T. Naruse, MD
A member of the medical staff at Cedars-Sinai since 1990, Robert T. Naruse, M.D., has more than 20 years’ experience as an anesthesiologist. In addition to providing patient care, he conducts and publishes research on anesthesia drugs and procedures, and serves as director of anesthesia for neurosurgery and spine in the Cedars-Sinai Anesthesia Residency training program.
Dr. Naruse has been active in community service at Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church and in youth sports in Newport Beach. He was on the board of directors and served as league computing director for the South Coast Swim Conference from 2004 to 2007. He also has been the computer coordinator for the Harbor View Swim Team, an assistant coach for Newport Beach Little League, and a referee with the American Youth Soccer Organization.
• American Society of Anesthesiologists
• California Society of Anesthesiologists
• Society for Airway Management
• Bachelor’s Degree: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 1978
• Medical Degree: University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
• Internship: Internal Medicine, Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center, 1982-1983
• Residency: Anesthesiology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, 1983-1985
• Fellowship: Advanced Clinical Anesthesia (OB and Cardiovascular), University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, 1985-1986