At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, pituitary disorders are treated with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach that integrates medical, surgical, imaging, pathology and research expertise in one center. As a result, patients at the Cedars-Sinai Pituitary Center receive highly individualized treatment.
The Cedars-Sinai Pituitary Center was one of the first in the United States to pair endocrinologists and neurosurgeons to provide patients a full spectrum of care -- from initial visit and complete diagnostic services through medical or surgical intervention and post-operative follow-up.
This allows doctors to take a holistic approach to diagnosing and treating pituitary tumors and other disorders. Patients receive the full continuum of care, from medical treatment to surgical expertise when necessary.
- An Endocrine Diagnostic Testing Unit
- Neuroradiology, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and single positron emission computer tomography (SPECT) imaging
- Neurosurgery through the Department of Neurosurgery. This gives patients access to leading edge skull base surgery techniques and technologies, including minimally invasive endoscopic tumor removal procedures.
- Patient support groups staffed by a psychologist
State-of-the-Art Treatment Options
With a strong foundation in research, the Cedars-Sinai Pituitary Center offers the most advanced treatment options, including:
- Novel therapies for pituitary tumors
- Growth hormone replacement for adults
- Pituitary function testing
Cedars-Sinai does more clinical trials investigating the safety and usefulness of new tests and medications for pituitary disorders than almost any other facility in the country. As a result, patients have unparalleled access to proven treatments resulting from this research. The center has several large research grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as well as an NIH training grant.